I wanted to make use of the remaining Tambuli so thought of mixing that with wheat flour and preparing the Rotti. I love rotti and enjoy, any time of the day. For Wheat Rotti I have used wheat flour, fresh coconut, onions, ginger and green chilly.
Let us know some benefits of having Palak in our diet.
Spinach (Palak) is a store house for many nutrients. They are very low incalories and fats. Palak is rich in soluble dietary fiber and it helps to control cholesterol. They are also rich source of several vital anit -oxidant vitamins like Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin K which helps to build a strong bones. They contain good amount of many B- complex vitamins like vitamin -B 6 and Vitamin B. Palak leaves contain good amount of minerals like potassium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc. It is also good source of omega - 3 fatty acids.
Tambuli can be eaten with plain rice or it can be one of the side dish for masala rice or chapati.
1. TambuliThings Needed :
Palak leaves : A small bundle or 1/2 of one bundle.
Dil Leaves : Handful.
Curd or butter milk : 1 Cup
Jeera : 1/2 Tea spoon
Methi seeds : 4 to 5
Pepper pods : 4 to 5
Red or green chilly : 1
Ingh : a pinch
Ghee : 1 Tea spoon
Coconut : 1 Table spoon
Curry leaves : 4 to 5
Salt : To Taste
Method :1 Wash and cut leaves and keep it aside.
2. Grate coconut and keep it aside.
3. Keep a small pan on the fire and heat. Put 1/2 Tea spoon of ghee. Add methi seeds, jeera and pepper pods. Fry for 10 seconds.
5. Grind coconut and fried ingredients. little ingh and salt nicely with very little water. Remove from the mixi jar.
8. Add this fried jeera to Tambuli. and serve as one of the side dish during lunch.
Note :Do not burn jeera while frying. Fry on low flame. I have used red chilly. ( green chilly can be used instead of red chilly).
You can add little curd while grinding the fried leaves instead of water. But I used water.
Time : 10 minutes
Serves : 3 to 4
2. Wheat flour RottiThings Needed :
Wheat Flour : 2 Cups.
Tambuli : 1 Cup
Onions : 2
Coconut : 1/2 Cup
Green chilly : 1
Ginger : an inch
Coriander leaves : 2 Table spoons
Curry leaves : 6 to 8
Salt : Required
Oil : 1/2 Cup
Method :1. Remove the outer skin of onions, wash it and cut them into small. Keep it aside.
2. Wash green chilly, curry leaves, coriander leaves and cut it in to small.
3. Grate coconut and keep it aside. Wash and remove the outer skin of ginger wash it again and grate it.
6. Take a handful of rotti dough and spread it around like dosa on the pan. ( Use fingers to spread).
7. Sprinkle one spoon of oil on the top, cover and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
9. Wheat flour rotti is ready to serve. Serve with the side dish you prepared
10. Serve Hot Wheat Rotti with a spoon of ghee on the top of Rotti.
Note :You can use rice flour or rava or Jowar ( Jola ) instead of wheat flour. You can also add grated carrots instead of onions.
Using more or less oil is optional.Do not make the dough watery. It should be able to spread on the pan. Thin or thick rotti can be prepared. (optional)
Time : 30 Minutes
Serves : 3 to 4