Since my aunt used to grow paddy, we used to have home grown rice to have our food. Most of the dishes are prepared using rice. This is one of the famous and traditional dish that I learnt from my aunt.
Coming back to recipe I have used boiled rice, raw rice and little grated coconut. It makes the dosa tasty. No urid dal is used here and the batter need not to be ferment.
Let us see the recipe now :
Ingredients :Boiled Rice : 2 Cups
Dosa Rice /Raw Rice : 1 Cup
Coconut : 1 Cup
Salt : As required
Oil : 4 to 5 Tablespoons
Water : As required
Oil : 3 to 4 Tablespoons ( To Prepare dosa).
Method :1. Wash and soak boiled and raw rice together for over night or 5 to 6 hours.
2. Grate coconut and grind rice with coconut till it turns very fine paste.
3. Remove from the mixi jar and put it in a big bowl. Add required salt.
4. Add water and make the batter consistency as little thicker than normal dosa batter.
5. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Sprinkle some oil on the top of tava.
6. Spread the oil around the tava. Take a ladle of the dosa batter and pour it slowly like round shape. ( ( Use your fingers to spread dosa on the tava. It turns thin and nice). Let the flame be low while spreading batter on the tava.
7. Add a teaspoon of oil /ghee and let the dosa cooked . (low and medium flame).
8. Turn the other side and cook for a minute /till it gets slightly brown.
9. Boiled Rice - Raw Rice Quick Dosa is ready to serve.
Note :You can prepare rotti instead of dosa. Let the batter be bit thick. Cook on medium and low flame to get the tasty rotti. I have added little more water and prepared dosa. No onion or any other ingredients added. This dosa taste very good with sambar. Use of ghee or coconut oil is optional Use of coconut is optional. (for grinding). No need to ferment the batter. Use of grinder to grind rice is optional.
Time : 5 to 6 hours Soaking time : Grinding 5 minutes. (Mixi ). Preparing dosa : 20 Minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4.