I have seen this pulka in my favourite cookery group " FOODIE ". The moto of the web page is share and care attracts most of us. The adminis are so helpful and caring. Sadashiva Rao Mailankody, Shri Kripa, Madhura Pradeep and others are doing a great work. You can learn many dishes and the information they provide is really helpful to all of us.
I have used Ragi flour/Finger millet flour and wheat flour to prepare this Pulka.
Let us see some benefits of having Ragi in our diet.
Ragi is known as one of the best Millet in the millet family. Millets are known as Siri Dhanya means rich content of minerals and provide good health if eaten regularly.
Ragi/Finger Millet is an excellent source of calcium and helps in strengthening bones for kids and aging people. It has a good source of antioxidant property. It is good for controlling blood sugar level in diabetes. It is full of fiber and slow in digestion. It has higher level of nutrition and good for people who follow diet food. Ragi has good source of natural iron and eating ragi is good for who suffer from anemia.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :Ragi/Finger Milelt flour : 1 Cup
Wheat flour : 1/2 Cup
Boiling water : 1/2 Cup
Ghee/Oil : 1 Teaspoon
Salt : A little
Method :1. Keep water for boiling.
2. Put Ragi and wheat flour in a big bowl.
3. Add salt and pour water. (Boiling water).
4. Add a teaspoon of ghee. Leave it for 5 minutes.
5. Now mix all the ingredients and prepare dough. Add water if required.
6. Keep 1/2 cup of dry wheat flour in a small bowl.
7. Mix the dough nicely and divide them in to small ball quantity.
8. Take a small ball size of dough and dip in dry wheat flour.
9. Roll and make chapati.
10. Keep a tava/pan on the fire and heat. Put led ragi chapati on hot tava. It starts to bubble up.
11. Turn the other side and cook on low and medium flame.
12.Now Ragi pulka is ready to serve. Apply little ghee on both sides of Ragi Pulka.
13.Repeat the same with remaining dough.
14. Serve Ragi Pulka with the choice of your curry and cup of curd.
Note :Ragi flour should be fresh to get good pulka. If the dough turns too soft add little more flour. Take care while adding water. Do not add more water, which turns the dough very sticky. Adding oil instead of ghee is optional. Do not add any oil while cooking pulka. I have cooked pulka on tava. Cook on low and medium flame.
Time : 20 Minutes
Serves : 2 to 3 . (According to size).