Carrot Chitranna is a rice dish and it is very easy to prepare. Chitranna is Lemon rice and lemon is added at the end it gives a little tangy taste.
Carrot Lemon is a simple rice dish and you can have them for breakfast who likes to have rice dishes in the morning. It can be eaten for brunch who gets up late and miss breakfast and can combine breakfast and lunch and it is said as brunch. It is good for lunch too. Lazy days or holidays when you want to relax and not much of time to spend in kitchen can plan for this rice. It is also ideal for dinner.
Let us see some benefits of eating Lemon in our diet.
Lemon is used for treating indigestion, constipation, dental problems, throat infections, fever, obesity, respiratory disorders, cholera and high blood pressure. It is also good for hair and skin care. Lemon helps to strengthen our immune system, cleanses our stomach. They are considered as a blood purifier. Lemon is used for treating kidney stones, reducing strokes and lowering body temperature. Lemon juice is one of the best refreshing drink. They are filled with vitamins like vitamin C, Vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate and minerals like copper, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, phosphorus and protein. they are filled with antioxidant properties and it helps in peeventing diabetes, constipation and high blood pressure.
As I said it is simple, quick and takes very less time to prepare once you cook your rice.
I have used plain rice (Sona Masuri ), lemon, carrots, coconut and green chilly.
Let us see the recipe now :
Ingredients :Cooked rice : 1 Cup
To Add :
Carrots : 2
Lemon : 1
Coconut : 1 Cup
Coriander leaves : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Salt : As required
Turmeric powder : A pinch
For Seasoning :
Cooking oil : 1 Tablespoon
Ghee : 2 Tablespoons
Mustard seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Urid dal : 1 Teaspoon
Curry leaves : 6 to 8
Green chilly : 2
Method :1. Wash and cut green chilly, coriander leaves and curry leaves.
2. Wash and peel off the outer layer of carrots and grate it. Keep it aside.
3. Wash and cut lemon and squeeze out the juice. Keep it aside.
4. Grate coconut and keep it aside.
5. Keep a pan on the fire and put oil. Put mustard seeds and urid dal.
6. Let mustard seeds splutter. Add cut green chilly and curry leaves.
7. Fry nicely for 10 seconds. Add grated carrots and fry nicely for 1 to 2 minutes.
8. Add cooked rice and mix it well. Add salt, turmeric powder and mix it well.
9. Let it cook on low flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Add grated coconut and put off the fire.
11 Add lemon extract (juice) and mix it again. Add 2 tablespoons of ghee and mix it well.
11. Shift the ready " Carrot Chitranna " to a serving dish.
12. Add cut coriander leaves and serve with a cup of curd.
Note :Cook rice and cool it before adding to seasoning. Use of any brand of rice is optional. I have used sona masuri and required water ration is 1: 3 ( 1 cup rice and 3 cups of water). Use of green or red chilly is optional. Use of more /less chilly is optional. Use of ghee adds to the taste. Use of onions or garlic is optional.
Time : 20 Minutes if rice is already cooked. Or 20 more minutes to cook rice.
Serves : 2 to 3.
Type : South Indian ..