Happy Deepavali to All. Festival of lights ..spreading the light to each and every one..Stay blessed.
Deepavali is fun to enjoy with full of hearts. Lighting Jyothis to chase away the darkness, bringing happiness by distributing sweets and namkeens (salted snacks) is a good thought indeed. Lets have one more spicy snack which is very famous in India and other countries of the world. That is Kodubale. Kodubale means a bangle shaped spicy snack.
It can be prepared using different ingredients. I too have prepared some different varieties of kodubales.
Let us see the recipe of Quick Kodubale. Kodubale, one of the yummy dish which goes well with a cup of coffee, as a side dish like papad, or when you are watching movie or any t.v. serial.
I have used rice flour, chenna flour, chiroti rava, chilly powder, little jeera, oma (ajwan), salt and butter.
No maida/all purpose flour in this Kodubale recipe. You can also prepare lovely nippattu with same dough.
Things Needed :
Fine Rice flour : 2 Cups
Roasted Chenna / Pottu kadale/Huri kadale : 1/4 Cup
Chiroti Rava /Thin variety of semolina : 1 Tablespoon
Butter : 1 1/2 Tablespoons
Chilly Powder : 2 Teaspoons
Ajwan/ Oma /Carom seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Salt : As required :
Jeera /Cumin Seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Ingh/Asfoetida : A little
Cooking Oil : 2 Cups or little less
1. Take a big bowl and add rice flour, rava/thin semolina, salt, butter, jeera, Carom seeds, Ingh and chilly powder.
2. Powder Roasted Chenna and add it with other ingredients. Mix all the ingredients well.
3. Add required water slowly and prepare dough. Kneed the dough well.
4. Divide the dough into small portion.
5. Take a small portion of the dough and then with your palm make a rope shape.
6. Join two ends and make circle. Arrange these done kodubales in a tray or plate.
7. Keep a frying pan on the fire and heat. Slowly drop in the done kodublales.
8. Fry them on low and medium flame till they turn golden brown.
9. Fry them on both sides and remove it from the oil. Put it on a kitchen tissue.
10. Repeat the same with remaining dough and prepare kodubales.
11. Store them in a airtight bottle /box once it is cooled.
12. Serve with cup of coffee/tea/Fresh juice.
Do not add more butter. It will turn very soft and get powdered while frying. You can also add sesame seeds instead of carom seeds. Use of more chilly is optional. Use of any cooking oil is optional. Do not make the dough very soft. It absorbs more oil if the dough turn very soft. Add little more rice flour and kneed the dough well before preparing.
Time 30 Minutes
Serves : 25 to 30 Kodubales. (According to size and shape.