Celebration includes Sweets and Savoury/Namkeens. The varieties of sweets and salty dishes do add colours to festivals. I think every one agree with me. My feeling is that the preparations should be short and quick and not that heavy to munch. Thinking of this I have prepared " Corn Poha Mixture", which is very easy to prepare and love to munch whenever you feel like.
Corn Poha is prepared using Sweet Corn. Poha fluffs up when You fry. It has a crunchy feel. So here we go with one more crunchy munching " Corn Poha Mixture.
It is as simple as always. A very few ingredients are used . Corn Poha Groundnuts, salt and chilly Powders is the basic Ingredients.
You can add what ever you wish to. Example Sev/Om Pudi and Puffed rice/Mandakki etc, etc.
Let us see the recipe now :
Corn Poha : 2 Cups.
Oil : 1 Cup
Ground Nuts : 1/2 Cup
Salt : As required
Chilly Powder : 1/2 or less than 1/2 Teaspoon
Curry leaves : 1 Handful.
1. Wash and dry curry leaves. ( Moisture should be disappeared).
2. Keep corn poha in a plate.
3. Keep a frying pan on the fire and put oil to it.
3. Let it get hot. Take a small quantity of corn poha and leave it slowly in hot oil.
4. Let the flame be medium. Corn Poha starts to fluff up.
5. Once it fluffs up remove done corn poha from oil. Put it on kitchen tissue.
6. Repeat the same procedure and fry all the corn poha.
7. The flame should be adjusted according to heat.
8. Now fry groundnuts and curry leaves till golden brown. Remove and put it on a kitchen tissue.
9. Put fried corn poha and groundnuts to a big bowl.
10. Add required salt and chilly powder mix it well.
11. Now " Corn Poha Mixture " is ready to serve.
12. I have added little Puffed Rice/Mandakki/Puri to it.
Take care of the flame while frying Corn Poha. You can use a big siever to fry corn poha. Put little corn poha to a siever and dip that siever in hot oil. It is easy to fry with siever.
Use of more /less ground is optional. Any other spice like garam masala, chat masala can be added instead of chilly powder.(Optional).
Time : 20 Minutes.
Serves : As you wish.