Mango Chutney - Moong Sandwich is a snack and you can have them for breakfast or as evening snack. In my previous post I have shown Capsicum - Moong Dry curry and I used the curry for stuffing bread sandwich along with half ripe mango chutney. It taste nice and easily stomach filling.
No onion or garlic is used in this "Mango Chutney & Moong Sandwich.
Lets see the recipe now :
Things Needed :Mango Chutney : 3 to 4 Tablespoons
Capsicum - Moong dry curry : 1 Cup
Bread : (Any variety ) : 8 to 10 pieces
Ghee : 3 to 4 Tablespoons
Method :1. Keep two slices of bread on the plate or tray.
5. Keep a tava on the fire and heat. Put the stuffed bread on the tava. Just spread little ghee on the surface of the bread.
6. Roast it nicely till it is slightly gets roasted.
7. Now turn the other side and cook for a minute.
8. Remove from the tava and serve hot Mango chutney & Moong sandwich with some fresh cucumber pieces.
Note :You can add more or less ghee according to your wish. Ghee Adds to the taste.
You can also add garam masala to the dry curry and mix it well and then spread it on the bread. It adds to the taste.
You can use butter instead of ghee.
Adding more spice is not a healthy habit. Eating more spice will lead to many problems like gas or chest burn (Acidity).
Serves : 2 to 3
Time : Preparing sandwich ( 10 to 15 minutes).
Mango Chutney recipe:Things needed :
Methi/ fenugrik seeds : 1/4 teaspoon
Red chilly : 5 to 6
Curry leaves : 1 Handful
Ingh : a pinch
Coconut : 1/2 Cup
Salt : to taste
Oil : 1/2 Teaspoon
Mango pieces : 1 Cup
1. Wash and cut mango into small pieces.
3. Keep a pan on the fire. Heat and put oil.
4. Add Methi Seeds and fry til they turn slightly brown.
Add chilly according to your taste. Adding methi seeds helps the chutney to get nice aroma and it is good for health.Do not use more methi seeds. Chutney turns bitter and you may not be able to eat chutney. I have used slightly ripen mango and it adds sweet taste to the taste. This chutney can be served as one of the side dish and it goes well with all the main dishes....
Time : 10 minutes
Serves : 3 to 4.