|READY TO SERVE RAVA HAALUBAI.|
Fresh or tender coconut, jaggery, cardamom and rice all these ingredients are grind together and mixed well ( Stir) for some time until it gets thicken. The stirring process is done till it thickens. Adding little by little ghee will enhance the taste and it is one of the healthy food I can say. As I said earlier it can be prepared using any one of the following grain like wheat, (whole or powdered), Raagi (whole or powdered) and rice.
I have used tender coconut pulp along with fresh coconut and it has added a flavour to Halubai. Instead of rice I have used this time Medium sized Rava. Roasted rava slightly and added the ground coconut and jaggery with cardamom.
Rava (Semolina) is better than rice though it contain carbohydrates.
This is an easy recipe and anybody can try this Rava Haalubai and enjoy eating as snack or munch any time of the day.
Things Needed :Rava (Semolina) Medium size : 2 Cups
Coconut : 1 Cup
Tender coconut pulp : 1small cup (or 1 tender coconut pulp).
Jaggery : 1 Cup
Ghee : 1/2 Cup
Cardamom : 4 to 5 pods.
Method :1. Dry roast Rava and keep it aside.
2. Grate coconut and grind it with cardamom pods. (Remove the outer skin and then use).
4. Keep jaggery in a pan and add 1/2 glass of water in a pan. Let it melt a little.
5. Now keep the pan on the fire and stir and let it dissolve nicely. Sieve this jaggery mixture and keep the clean jaggery aside.
8. Mix it well and start stirring. Add little ghee in between and mix it well.
9 The mixture starts leaving the pan that showsHaalubai is cooked and done. Add remaining ghee and stir it for 2 to 3 minutes..
10. Pour the ready Haalubai (Halwa) to the ghee greased plate and spread it nicely.
12. Serve the cut pieces with ghee.
Note :Remember add required water. ( 1 = 1/2). Adding more water will result the Haalubai too soft and it will not taste good.
You can use Big banana leaf instead of a plate or tray. Adding more or less jaggery is optional.
Time : 30 minutes
Serves : 30 pieces can be made.