We can prepare this Cabbage Pakodas for the kitty party or kids party. You can serve them as starters.
Though eating oily food is not that good for the body, you must not completely ignore or avoid oil. It has its own good benefits on your body. Remember that anything is too much or goes beyond the limit is always harmful.
I have used rice flour, a little maida and rava (medium size). Shredded cabbage, green chilly and curry leaves with little spices.
Always use the oil which is necessary for frying. (Not full pan). Try not re fry the oil since it is very bad for our heart. So better use minimum oil (or wanted quantity).
Cabbage Pakodas do not contain any onion or garlic.
Lets see the recipe :
Rice flour : 1 Cup
Maida : 1 Table spoon
Rava : 2 Table spoons (I used medium sized Rava).
Green Chilly : 2 to 3
Jeera (cumin seeds) : 1 Tea spoon
Cabbage : 1 Bowl
Salt : Required salt
Oil : 1 Cup
Curry Leaves : 1 Handful
1. Wash and cut cabbage, green chilly and curry leaves in to small pieces.
4. Keep a pan on the fire and heat 2 table spoons of oil.
7. Keep a pan and put oil and heat. Take a handful of the prepared dough and prepare pakodas.
10. Repeat the same with remaining dough. You can prepare 5 to 6 pakodas at time.
11. Serve hot pakodas with ketch up or any chutney.
12. Crispy pakodas can be enjoyed with a cup of coffee or tea.
The dough should be thick (like poori dough consistency) or it absorbs more oil. You can also add cut onions if you wish.( I did not ). The taste may differ. Do not add coriander leaves as it turns the pakodas soft . Adding more chilly or any other spice is optional.
Time : 20 minutes.
Serves : 4 to 5.