Wheat Badam Burfi is a sweet dish. I was inspired by Poornima hegde's "Wheat burfi with Jaggery ". So wanted to give a try with little twist. So I added some Almonds (ground) and tried and the burfi turned out very tasty and everyone liked it.
Here I am posting a recipe of Wheat -Badam Burfi which is very easy to prepare and healthy too. This burfi is healthy since it contain jaggery (normally burfi is prepared using lots of sugar). I am sure you will agree with me that using jaggery is more appropriate. good for festival. You can prepare them a day or two earlier and keep this ready. Even you can prepare them for party, kids party. It is easy to serve and eat. Try this " Wheat -Badam Burfi" which will be liked by all age group and the whole family will be surely enjoy. You can put it in kids munching box too.
Things Needed :Wheat flour : 1 Cup
Jaggery : 3/4 Cup
Almonds : 1 Cup
Cardamom Powder " 1/2 Tea spoon
Water : 3 to 4 Table spoons
2. Dry grind Almonds coarsely along with cardamom and keep it aside. Apply ghee to a plate or tray and keep the tray ready.
3. Now keep a pan on the fire and put jaggery and add 3 to 4 table spoons of water and mix it well and let it boil on low flame.
4. The jaggery starts to boil (till it gets one string consistency).
5 .Mix it well and add roasted wheat flour and almonds and 2 table spoons of ghee.
6. Stir continuously till it starts to leave the sides of the pan. Add little more ghee and stir.for 2 to 3 minutes.
7.Pour the thick Wheat -Almond mixture to the ready tray or plate and leave it for cooling.
8. Cut in to your desired shape and Serve.
Note :Roast wheat flour nicely or it may turn sticky.
You can use any kind of jaggery. I have used organic Jaggery. (If you are using the jaggery which is brought from market, must boil jaggery with 1/3 cup of water and turn it as complete liquid and sieve with siever and then use it.
Adding more or less ghee is an optional.\
Stir mixture till the mixture turn into one full dough in the middle of the pan and then spread on the tray. Cut them when they are completely cool.
Time 15 to 20 minutes.
15 to 20 pieces can be prepared. (According to the size).