Apple Halwa is a sweet dish. It can be served as desert. It is an easy dish with little Ghee and sugar. I have used apples, sugar, milk powder, cashews and cardamom.
I Have used apple, sugar, ghee, milk powder and ghee.
Lets see the recipe now :
Cardamom. 3 Pods
Ghee: 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Poppy seeds : 2 Tablespoons
Milk Powder : 3 to 4 Tablespoons
Cashew Nuts : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Method :1. Wash and remove the outer layer of apples. Grate them slowly.
2. Crush cardamom and powder it. Keep it aside.
3. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add cashew pieces and fry till they turn golden brown.
4. Add grated apples to the same pan and fry till the moisture disappear.
5. Fry nicely shift it to the other pan and mix it with sugar. It starts melting soon. Add 1 tablespoon of ghee.
6. Keep stirring nicely. Add a spoon of ghee and stir.
7. Add milk powder and mix it well. Needs to stir slowly on medium flame.
9. It starts to leave the pan slowly. Add crushed cardamom and mix it well.
10. Stir till it become thick. Stir for another 5 minutes. Add remaining ghee and mix it well.
11. Greece the plate or tray with ghee. Pour ready Apple Halwa to this plate.
12. Spread the content evenly. Let it cool down completely.
14. Serve Hot and Yummy Apple Halwa.
Notes:Cook on low or medium flame. Adding more sugar helps the halwa to turn thick. Adding more/less ghee is optional. Ghee adds to the taste. One should keep stirring the halwa with out fail.
Adding more sugar helps the halwa to be thick faster.
Time : 30 Minutes.
Serves : According to your wish.