Friday, June 23, 2017

Mixed flour Spicy Chapati

It is just boring to eat the same food. I think you all agree with me. It should be bit different and should be on healthy side. That is my opinion and I do follow. It turns me in to do bit experiments, twists, changes and it is one of the best hobby for me now.
Mixed flour Spicy Chapati is ready to serve.


Here I have tried spicy chapati using wheat flour, rice flour, besan and chiroti rava. I have used curd and some simple spices.
Let us see the recipe Now :

Things Needed :

Wheat flour  : 2 Cups
Rice flour : 2 Tablespoons
Besan/Channa flour : 1 Tablespoon
Chiroti Rava : 1 Tablespoon
Ghee : 1 Tablespoon
Curd : 1/2 Cup
Jeera /Cumin Seeds powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
Chilly Powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
Pepper powder : 1/4 Teaspoon
Salt : As required
Oil : 2 to 3 Tablespoons

Method :

1. Take a big bowl and add all the flours,salt and spices. Add curd.
2. Mix it nicely and prepare dough. Kneed the dough nicely.

3. Divide the dough into small portions.
4. Take a small portion of the dough and roll it as chapati. (Dip the ball size dough in dry wheat flour just before rolling).

5. Keep a tava/pan on the fire and heat. Put the rolled spicy chapati and cook on both sides.
6.At first do not add oil. Press it with the spatula on the sides of chapati. It fluffs up. Add little oil now.
7. Turn the other side and cook for 10 to 20 seconds..


8. Sprinkle some oil on the top of the chapati while it is cooking.

9. Mixed flour chapati is ready to serve. Serve it with the side dish you  have prepared.

10 We had it with basale/malabar leaves and kesu/colocasia  huli/sambar and Amaranth leaves dry curry.

Note : 

Mix the flour nicely with ghee and then add curd. Mix it well and if need add water.  Be careful while adding the curd. Adding more/less ghee is optional. Adding oil instead of ghee is optional. Adding more spice is optional. You can use your choice of brand. I have used MTR and Mayya's spice powders. I feel it fits into our taste bud and also its healthy. The dough should be soft.
Time : 30 Minutes
Serves : 8 to 9 Chapatis can be prepared. ( It depends on the size of the chapati).

1 comment:

Jack fruits Seeds Tikki

Jack fruits are healthy Seasonal fruits. The seeds also contain lots of good vitamins and minerals.  After eating the fruit we throw away th...

About

author
My name is Nalini Somayaji. Teaching is my profession. Cooking is my passion. Reading, travelling, visiting new places, having fun with kids are some of the hobbies I can say. My recipes are Healthy, quick, easy and simple. Grown up being a traditional family member I love and respect Indian culture and traditions. Love classical dance and music.
Learn More →