Instant Raagi (finger millet) dosa contain grated carrots, curd and coconut. Ragi dosa is 100% healthy. Prepared this Ragi dosa with Ragi, Rice and Jola flour (millet flour). We can have these dosa for breakfast, as snack or even for dinner too. I can assure you the whole procedure is not consuming much of your time.
Let us see some benefits of using cucumber, carrot and raagi. (Finger Millet).
Ragi or finger millet is rich in calcium.It is also a rich source of fiber and helps to lower cholesterol level. It is the best food for weight control, diabetes and a cooling agent to the body. Raagi contain amino acid and it helps to relax the body in natural way. It is gluten free and excellent for baby food.
Carrots are rich in antioxidants. The fresh carrots contain Vitamin A, Vitamin C and rich in many B-complex groups of vitamins such as folic acid, vitamin B- 6. Carrots also contain healthy levels of minerals like copper, calcium, potassium, manganese and phosphorus.
Cucumber is one of the very low calorie vegetable. It does not contain saturated fats or cholesterol. Cucumber peel is a good source of dietary fiber, and helps to reduce constipation. It is a very good source of potassium.It contain unique anti-oxidants, B-carotene, vitamin C and Vitamin A. They have high amount of vitamin K. and good source of Vitamin B. It relieves the bad breath. It cures diabetes, reduces cholesterol and controls blood pressure.
Here is a recipe of quick and easy Instant dosa and we can have them for breakfast or as snack or even for dinner.
Things Needed:Raggi Flour : 1 Glass
Rice Flour : 1 Cup
Jola (Millet) Flour : 1/2 Cup
Curd : 1 small bowl
Carrot : 1
Coconut : 2 Table spoon
Coriander leaves : 2 Table spoons.
Salt : required
Oil : 3 to 4 Table spoons.
Method :1. Take a big bowl and add raagi (finger milet) flour, rice flour and jola (millet) flour.
2. Wash and grate carrots and cut coriander into small.
3. Grate coconut and keep it aside.
4. Now add curd, grated coconut, carrots and coriander leaves to the flour mixture.
5. Add salt and required water and prepare the dough. (Dosa dough consistency).
6. Now keep a dosa pan on the fire and heat. Sprinkle oil.
7. Take a spoon of Raagi dosa dough and put on the tava and lightly spread the dough in a round shape.
8. Put 1/2 Tea spoon of oil on the top and cover the lid. Cook for 1 to2 minutes on medium flame.
9. Turn the other side of dosa and cook for 20 to 30 seconds.
10. Now remove dosa from the pan and serve hot Raagi dosa with a chutney or any side dish of your choice.
11. Repeat the same and prepare dosas with remaining dough.
12. Put little ghee on the top just before serving. I served Raagi dosa with cucumber coconut chutney... (C C C).
Note :Let the dough consistency should be little more loose than the normal Urid dosa.
Spread the dough on the tava while pouring .(like preparing neeru dosa).
You can prepare crispy dosa by lowering the flame and cook dosa for little more time.
Adding Onions is optional. I have not added.
You can also use cut curry leaves and green chilly. I have not used it.
Using ghee instead of oil is also optional.5
Time : 20 Minutes.
Serves : 5
Cucumber Coconut ChutneyWash 1 small cucumber, green chilly(1), a small piece of ginger. Grate coconut. (1small cup). Now grind all the ingredients with a marble size of tamarind and ingh with required salt and very little water. Remove from the mixi jar and put it in a serving bowl and serve with the main dish you have prepared.
Note : Do not add much water. You can add fried mustard and curry leaves.
Time : 5 minutes
Serves : 4 to 5.